- File-Based Data Import (FBDI) File
- Process of data import (Inbound) using FBDI
- Download the FBDI Template (Excel Enabled Macro File – XLSM) file
- Prepare Data File (CSV) gets generated from the template
- Load the file into UCM
- Load data into interface table
- Invoke Import job – which loads data from interface table to base table
- Sample Process of FBDI for Journal Import
To load the data into the interface table:
- Download the xlsm file : JournalImportTemplate.xlsm
- Fill up the data in the sheet: GL_INTERFACE
- Click the Generate CSV File button on the Instructions and CSV Generation tab to create a CSV file in a .zip file format.
- Save the .zip file locally.
- Navigate to the Scheduled Processes work area.
- Select the Load Interface File for Import process.
- For the Import Process parameter, select Import Journals.
- For the Data File parameter, select the file that you saved in step 1.
To load the data from the interface table into the product:
- Navigate to the Journals work area and select the Import Journals task. (Or) (Schedule Process – Import Journals Process)
- Enter values for the parameters.
- If the process ends in error or warning, you can correct or delete the rows that have errors.
To delete the data from the interface table without loading into the product
- Navigate to the Scheduled Processes work area and select the Purge Interface Tables process.
- Accept the default value of File-based data import for the Purge Process Intent parameter.
- Select Import Journals for the Import Process parameter.
- Enter the process ID from the Load Interface File for Import process into the Load Request ID parameter.
- Is there any way we can automate FBDI Invocation Using any integration Product – Ex: ICS ?
- Yes, FBDI Import process can be automated using ICS (Integration Cloud Services) or any other integration product like (Dell Boomi, MuleSoft)
- Loading file to UCM, importing data to interface tables, importing data into base tables – all these processes can be automated using any of the integration tools, as Oracle Provided SOAP API’s for these
- Is working on FBDI is technical job or functional job?
- It can be technical, functional or it can be both
- Depends on your data, import job etc
- What is the strategy to be following for Data Migration – Inbound Integrations
|Define Migration Strategy Doc
|Consider a document name ex : FUSION_DM_ERP_V01.docx
|Segregate data components to be migrated Master Data: Customers, Suppliers, Lookups, Employees Transactional data: Journals, Purchase Orders, Projects, etc
|Data Mapping between Source and Target (Cloud ERP) Ex: EBS à Oracle Cloud ERP
|Clean Legacy Data
|Task to clean up the data- so the uploaded data into new System will be perfect as per the to be process in Oracle Cloud ERP
|Source system should extract the data, considering a particular criteria on the data ex : last 2 years of Journals, all active Suppliers from 2019 etc
|Convert and Load Data
|Perform transformation on the extraction data and load into Oracle Cloud ERP
|Data Reconciliation & Validation
|Design Data extraction reports and compare the Oracle Cloud ERP data with Source System – to validate how the data was and how data is
- How many iterations of data migration happen in upgrade projects?
- It varies – but a minimum of 3 is generally done in most of the projects
- Development, UAT, PROD