Profile options are a set of preferences that you use to centrally manage the user interface settings and application behavior.
You can use the profile options to manage, for example:
- User preferences to specify language or currency.
- Configuration choices to change the user interface skin or appearance of fonts.
- Processing options to determine how much of an activity needs to be logged and at which level.
In the Setup and Maintenance work area, use any of the following tasks:
- Manage Profile Options
- Manage Profile Categories
- Manage Administrator Profile Values
The following table contains a functional description of each task.
|Manage Profile Options
|Create new profile options or modify existing profile options, except some which are predefined and restricted to prevent any modifications.
|Manage Profile Categories
|Group the profile options based on their functional similarities.
|Manage Administrator Profile Values
|Set the profile values for the enabled profile options to control application behavior.
Below are the table/query details to get the profile value — Pass the profile name and level to get the value accordingly
1 = 1
AND fpob.profile_option_id = fpov.profile_option_id
-- AND fpov.level_value = 'SITE'
--AND fpob.profile_option_name = upper(p_profile_name)